Integrating an APEL at istec
Who can do an APEL?
Any person with a minimum of 3 years of activity wishing to obtain a Diploma recognized by the State and the companies:
- Bac+3 recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- 5 years of higher education accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and delivering a Master’s degree
The activity (professional, associative, voluntary) may have been carried out in France or abroad and must be directly related to the content of the diploma sought by the candidate. Only one application for a single degree may be submitted per calendar year and up to three applications for different degrees in a calendar year.
How to apply and set up your APEL?
- Complete the livret de recevabilité (Livret I) Bac+3 or Bac+5
- Study of your livret de recevabilité by a commission (paying) – 3 results are possible:
- Acceptance: we then invite you to complete the Livret de validation (Livret II)
- Orientation towards a APEL – Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (1985 decree). If successful, this procedure allows you to apply for the exam without having to prove your level of education or the diplomas and titles normally required.
- Accompaniment (paying but optional) for the elaboration of the Livret II and for the preparation of the eventual interview in front of the jury. We provide you with the support of professionals to help you prepare your thesis and your final interview in front of the jury.
- Evaluation of your file by the jury (paying), invitation to an interview and 3 results are possible:
- Total validation: the candidate obtains a diploma Bac+3 from istec “Développeur(euse) Commercial(e) et Marketing”, recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research or Bac+5 Master’s degree from istec, recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- Partial validation: the jury informs the candidate about the experience or training that the candidate must obtain. Approved modules are validated for a period of 5 years.