ACCREDITATION OF PRIOR EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING: TRANSFORM YOUR EXPERIENCE INTO A DEGREE WITH ISTEC!
What is the VAE (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)?
Act no. 2002-73 of 17 January 2002, known as the social modernisation law, introduced accreditation of prior experiential learning, which is an individual right of the person provided for in employment legislation and education legislation. In this way, the VAE allows the full or partial award of a professional qualification degree, diploma or certificate.
What advantages does the VAE at ISTEC offer?
- Obtain a degree that is recognised by the State and by companies: Endorsed at Bac+5 level by the Ministry for Higher Education and Research and conferring a Master’s degree – accredited at level I (highest level of qualification) in the RNCP –National Directory of Professional Certifications.
- Identify and have your skills recognised
- Validate and capitalise on your knowledge
- Invigorate and relaunch your career
- Complete your training if necessary
- Access the network of Higher Education Business School graduates, created over 50 years ago
For company managers, this enables you to:
- Identify and enhance the development of your employee’s skills
- Entrust further responsibilities to your employee
- Motivate your employee
- Optimise and minimise the cost of training
Who is the VAE for?
Anyone with a minimum period of work of 3 years may submit a request for a VAE. The work may have been carried out in France or abroad. The work (professional, for an association, voluntary) must be directly related to the content of the degree sought by the candidate. One application only, for the same degree, may be submitted per calendar year and up to three applications may be submitted for different degrees in the course of a calendar year.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?
- Candidates can contact Mr. Yannick ROUSSEL, Director of Company Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org), and communicate their intentions and obtain all the desired information.
- Download the “Admission booklet (Booklet I)”
- The candidate completes this booklet and returns it to ISTEC
- Examination of the “Admission booklet” by a committee (fee applicable)
3 possible results:
– Candidate directed to a VAP – Accreditation of Professional Experience (decree of 1985). This procedure, if it comes to a successful conclusion, allows the candidate to apply to the entrance exam in the establishment without having to prove the level of studies or degrees and diplomas normally required.
– Acceptance: The candidate is asked to complete the “Accreditation booklet (Booklet II)”
- Guidance (optional) in completing the “Accreditation booklet” (Booklet II) and in preparing for the interview with the panel
- Evaluation of your application by the panel (fee applicable). To complete the examination of this application, the panel may call you to an interview.
3 possible results:
– Partial accreditation: the panel informs the candidate of the experience or training that he/she must obtain. Accredited modules retain their accredited status for a duration of five years.
– Total accreditation: the candidate obtains the ISTEC Bac+5 Master’s degree endorsed by the Ministry for Higher Education and Research and accredited at level I (highest level of qualification) in the National Directory of Professional Certifications – RNCP.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE VAE AT ISTEC?
What funding is there?
It is possible, depending on your status, to obtain different types of assistance:
– Funding by the company via the training plan or the DIF (Individual Right to Training)
– Funding through the company contribution collection bodies (OPACIF, Fongecif, etc.)
– Funding possible by the Regional Council
– Funding possible by Pôle Emploi (French employment office)
For any enquiries, contact:
Géraldine Ernst – Company Relations Director – email@example.com